- Shed Weight & Tone Body
- Cellular Detoxification
- Breaks down & Clears Cellulite
- Eases Joint Pain Stiffness & Sore Muscles
- Improves Skin Complexion
- Strengthens Immune System
- Relaxation & Stress Relief
- Mental Clarity (Clears "Head Fog")
- Increases Circulation
- Decreases Blood Pressure
So... What is an Infrared Sauna?
Infrared is the band of light we perceive as heat. In the sauna, all harmful UV rays are filtered out and only the safe & beneficial Infrared spectrum gets emitted. Our bodies absorb the Infrared rays, raising your core body temperature 3 degrees throughout the session. The result: a deep, detoxifying sweat. A conventional sauna WILL NOT raise your core body temperature, release cellular toxins, burn hundreds of calories and alleviate so many ailments. Plus what can be better than losing weight while sitting and reading or listening to a relaxing CD?
- The infrared is divided into 3 segments by wavelengths. Among these segments, only far infrared penetrates organic substances such as the human body...Because infrared rays penetrate the body up to 2 inches throughout conversion, there is a deep heating effect in the muscle tissues and internal organs without the burden to our heart. Our body reacts to the increased heating through the natural cooling process of perspiring. Through the perspiration process, acid and waste residue like toxins, sodium, alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol and the potentially carcinogenic heavy metals are removed from the cells (especially zinc, lead, nickel, cadmium, etc). As well as the pores of our skin opening and discharging waste products, the skin sheds any old skin cells, leaving it glowing and immaculately clean, with improved tone, elasticity, texture and color. The deep penetrating heat also stimulates the heart to send more blood to the body cells to increase blood circulation, which improves many symptoms.
Benefits – The Details
- Cardiovascular Conditioning: While the moisture on the surface of the skin evaporates and thus cools the body, a number of other changes occur in the body to release the heat as quickly as possible. The heart beats harder and faster, pumping more blood through the dilated blood vessels, thus achieving the conditioning benefits of continuous exercise.
- Removes Toxins and Mineral Waste: Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Daily sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of an accumulation of potentially carcinogenic heavy metals (lead, mercury, zinc, nickel, cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid and cholesterol.
- Burns calories and controls weight: As you relax in the gentle heat of the sauna, your body is actually hard at work, producing sweat, pumping blood. According to a Journal of the American Medical Association report, in a single sauna session you may burn as many calories as you would running for 60 minutes. So you lose weight - not just water!
- Clears Cellulite: Infrared saunas help clear ugly cellulite, the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin. European beauty specialists routinely incorporate daily saunas in programs to reduce cellulite. And because the radiant heat of the sauna warms three times as deeply as conventional saunas, it is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite.
- Relieves Pain: The deep heat of your sauna session helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscles, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion.
- Eases joint Pain and Stiffness: In Europe, radiant heat therapy is widely used to treat patients suffering from many forms of arthritis. In addition, it has been proven effective in the treatment of sprains, neuralgia, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and many other muscular-skeletal ailments. Much of the stiffness, aches and soreness that comes with aging is reduced or eliminated.
- Improves the Immune System: A sauna's deep heat raises your bodies core temperature, inducing an “artificial fever.” As it works to combat the "fever," your body's immune system is strengthened. Combined with the elimination of toxins and wastes produced by the intense sweating, your overall health and resistance to disease is increased.
- Weight Control: As our body expends energy to produce sweat (1 gm sweat requires 0.586 kcal) a moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off up to 2000 gms or more in a sauna session. While this weight loss can be regained by re-hydration with water, the calories consumed will not. This is a valuable system for those who don't exercise and those who cannot exercise, yet want an effective weight control and fitness program'
- Increases Blood Circulation and Strengthens the Cardiovascular System: As your body increases sweat production to cool itself, your heart works harder pumping blood at a greater rate to boost circulation, supplying the conditioning benefits of continuous exercise. Heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate increase, while diastolic blood pressure drops, for improved overall cardiovascular fitness. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds heal more quickly, reducing scarring. Many of us who run do so to place a demand on our cardiovascular systems, not to build big leg muscles. Regular use of a sauna imparts similar stress on the cardiovascular system and its regular use is as effective as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories as regular exercise...
- Relaxation (Reduces Stress and Fatigue): Perhaps the most immediate relief your sauna session is simple relaxation, as it melts away the stresses and tensions of urban life. Just a few minutes in the gentle warmth gives you an overall massaging effect, soothing jangled nerves and knotted muscles. You'll feel rejuvenated and renewed, restored in both body and mind.
If you have any questions, please call us at: