WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC?
Chiropractic is the only health care system that works to maximize the natural, God-given strengths of the human body and its capacity to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CHIROPRACTIC
1. WHAT IS AN ADJUSTMENT? A chiropractic adjustment is given to align the spine which takes pressure off the spinal cord and nerves. This restores proper nerve supply to the body and the organs and thus, allows normal healthy bodily function to occur. An optimum functioning spine equals optimum health.
2. WHAT DOES AN ADJUSTMENT FEEL LIKE AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE? Patients report that getting adjusted feels great. However, in some cases individuals may feel a little sore the first couple of times while the body adapts and adjusts to its new posture. An adjustment takes less than a minute, but the vital nerve energy it releases can last for hours, days, or even weeks, depending on the stage of your care.
3. IS CHIROPRACTIC SAFE? While 2,000 people will die from taking aspirin this year and thousands more from surgery and drug reactions, chiropractic is extremely safe; so safe that malpractice insurance premium rates for chiropractors pale in comparison to what all other medical professionals pay.
4. WHAT RESEARCH HAS BEEN DONE ON CHIROPRACTIC? Literally thousands of health studies including research by the U.S. government have shown that chiropractic is beneficial in maximizing health, boosting immunity, relieving the symptoms of sickness and disease (like lowering blood pressure), and restoring normal function back to the body.
5. SHOULD I BE ADJUSTED IF I AM SICK? YES! An adjustment will help your body regain control and balance to better fight off your condition and the nervous system also runs your immune system.
6. CAN I BE ADJUSTED IF I HAVE HAD AN OPERATION ON MY SPINE; HAVE OLD, WEAK, BRITTLE OR BROKEN BONES? Our corrective chiropractic technique is very gentle and can be employed to assure proper safety for every patient – from newborns to the elderly.
7. CAN I BE ADJUSTED IF I AM PREGNANT? For normal development of the baby and ease and safety of the birth, being adjusted prior to, throughout and post-pregnancy is absolutely essential to mother and baby’s health.
8. CAN I ADJUST MYSELF? Even chiropractors need chiropractors to adjust them. The worst spines are those of people who manipulate their own spines. Self manipulation can even be dangerous. A corrective adjustment allows subluxations to correct themselves via the natural healing power of the body.